The Janco Company began in 1958 when brothers George, Lewis, and Paul introduced the first plastic material to be used in shoulder pads for the Green Bay Packers. In 1966, Janco began to expand beyond its plastic fabrication capability to electronics manufacturing services and assembly. Throughout the 70s, Janco hand built mainframe core memory modules and fabricated some of the first printed circuit boards out of FR4 material for IBM.
As the electronics business grew and began to diverge from plastics, Lewis E. Janetos incorporated Janco Electronics as a separate company in 1985. Lewis continued to manage the business until 2001, when his son Rollins took over as the current president. Over the last 20 years, Rollins has helped the company evolve into the diverse contract manufacturer that it is today, proudly serving a diverse customer base in the defense, medical, commercial, industrial and RF/microwave markets.